Monday, June 26, 2006

Walking, standing, sitting, sweating




To sum up...
Friday night I wore my cute new white shoes that literally slit my heels leaving little blood stains on my shoes, poor me, fashion kills, yes I know, but sometimes it is worth it.... jury is out on this one though, my feet still hurt and it is now Monday.
My brothers visited the freeway and then we went to Slainte's with Adrian...
Saturday... oh yes, get ready to be jealous..... I saw: Jay Mathus, Raising the Fawn, Feist, Bloc Party and Broken Social Scene at Olympic Island on Toronto Centre Island. It was so fun.... So standing.... in line for the ferry; packed like sardines, baking on a cookie sheet, oh lord.... fat American man sticking his beer belly in my back, ew!.... I tried utilizing my elbows but it felt as though they just got stuck, ew!!.... Okay, meditate.... I am somewhere else.....
Got to island... Sat on grass.... all day.... watched bands..... awesome.... several naps.... sat in sun..... ate a rainbow popsicle... It's one of two pictures I managed to get as I had forgotten to charge my batteries.... dammit! Also had a veggie dog, 5$ wahoo.... this better be good.... It was... that's all I ate all day though besides my post-Jack Daniels the night before breakfast of pancakes and eggs, thanks Snooty Fox!!!
Bloc Party played all my favourites including "This Modern Love" I love the cheese so bring it on! After I went to play video games at Adrian's... fun fun
Sunday: Here is where the walking gets intense... Adrian and I walked maybe a total of 20 kilometers and just for fun. I had a car, we had the bus but no, we wanted to walk. We walked to the Upper James plaza from his house. Went to Bulk Barn where I bought some cake decorating supplies. Went to a sunglasses store and I bought the least knock-off looking of the bunch (not having a big D & G or a big CC). Then we walked down the escarpment stairs and decided we wanted a patio beer so we walked to Hess village. Then, we walked to Jackson Square where I got sucked into Harmony, ohhhh on the way, I got sucked into Deja View, tried on some shirts and more sunglasses. I got the one that Adrian said looks like a grandma's shirt, "yes!!!!" and some oversized white sunglasses....
Then after, we tried to get falafel but the good place was closed so we walked.... walked to Hamilton General... visited Jane, I love Jane!!!!
Then we needed to get to the Freeway but oh so hungry!!!! Went into a pizza place... um... way too sketchy.... Is that cardboard the pizza???? We went to sub place... this will do, way too hungry.... Adrian ordered the meatball sub... he is brave... I got the veggie on wholewheat.... The man behind the counter thought it was funny...
All in all... good weekend but my feet need a break.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kaelyn,

Will you be at FRWY this Thursday night for open-mic? If so, I'll be there and it'd be cool to see you and catch up. Hope you're doing well--and that your feet are healing. Fashion sucks....

Joshua

the lovely kaelyn said...

i won't be at open mic because i work during the day at the cafe and I have bellydancing lessons at night... don't laugh!!!! It is so cool!

Anonymous said...

Me? Laugh? Noooooooooo. I'm taking ballroom dancing and that's definitely laughable. Cheers.