Tuesday, June 13, 2006

WTF Indeed

There is explicit profanity in this blog so please seek parental guidance...

The past few days have been interesting. Howard's art opening was good and I will be posting pictures later. I went home this weekend and on my way back, on the 407, nearby where I needed my last tow, I got a flat!!!! My tire was shredded!!! So, we pay how much money to use the 407 and they can't even get the fucking shit off the road that will destroy my car??? The CAA guy told me he is suprised I didn't have a serious spill with a tear like that in my tire. So, that's that. At least the tire change was covered by CAA membership.

Monday, tired....
Good day at work... busy busy.... And then a man comes in, looks at the art and goes up to Randy and says a horrible, ignorant comment about the art that really, really pissed me off (and Randy too). I am just glad he went up to Randy and not me because I am sick of dealing with snotty people! And then, he comes up to the bar, asks me how I am and peruses the menu and lets out a "hmph" and walks out. Gosh fucking dammit, some people.


okay, so now to fix my tires. Go to Canadian Tire at the recommendation of my father and the CAA guy. As I pull into the parking lot which has room for both directions of traffic I hear a voice shouting and I realize that it was directed at me a little too late for me to respond. I heard shouted at me.... are you ready for this... too good to be true.... "Get out of my fucking way... stupid" This coming from a sweet, plump, middle aged white woman in her Ford Taurus circa 1991. I was so angry and I really wanted to say.... wait, don't hold this against me but I just have to get it out just once, please..... "Fuck you! you stupid white trash bitch, why don't you get out and say that to my face!!!!!" But, I didn't have time. C'est la vie.

Okay, so I go to get a price on my tires... The CAA guy and my brother who is a mechanic who works at another Canadian Tire told me they should average 60 or 70$ each. I get a price; 113$ per tire. Okay, how much for 2? He tells me 311$. I ask, "how does it nearly triple?" He says, "Installation fees" I say, "No thanks... I'll go somewhere else..."
I was so mad just because I don't feel like doing shit like getting oil changes and flat tires is such a waste of life and there are a million things I'd rather be doing and I don't want to spend 300$ on something I consider to be a waste of life!
So I go home, throat a little tight from feeling like I was potentially being ripped off and the stupid lady in the parking lot. I called Firestone, got a price, 89$ per tire, SWEET! Installation and balancing included, Double-Sweet!!!!
So that will be done on Thursday

I feel like all this dumb shit to do with my car etc, is tiring me out, so I cancelled myself volunteering at the CCR refugee conference at York University this weekend. I just feel too tired, too stressed and the summer is whizzing by and I feel as busy as when I am in school so I put my foot down and said, "no, I must sit on my ass!" So Adrian, "buy me some beer so we can sit on our asses!" And, I want to go Strawberry picking, does anyone want to come or know of a good farm nearby?

So, after all this, well... it's not all bad; Sunday I got to see Adrian eat a veggie dog, that was fun and last night my good friend Diane called me after being away on a roadtrip for a month and a half so yippee! And, I went to sit and read at around 830pm and I fell asleep and didn't wake up until 7am this morning, SWEET!!!!!!

4 comments:

Al said...

I feel your pain. Had multiple car issues in last 6 months.

We go to Murphy's on Guyatt Raod in Binbrook (east of Highway 56). Good place.

Anonymous said...

There's also Lynden Farms on Lynden Road outside of Dundas. Take Highway 52 (the Copetown exit off of 403 West) and turn left at the lights. It's up there somewhere. My parents and I used to go when my mom made strawberry-rhubarb jam.

As to the rest of your day, it sounds craptastic. I'm sorry that you had to undergo such hardship.

Would you happen to know what happens to people who forget to renew their driver's license before it expires? I have a friend who.... :)

the lovely kaelyn said...

yea, they have to retest!!!
make sure they renew it!!!!

Rachel Pede said...

I'm coming strawberry picking, I've been wanting to go since September...Let's make it a date!!!
Sorry you had such a crappy few days. People are brutal sometimes. I'd have fought that lady for you Kaelyn. I'd have lost, but I'd have lost valliantly.