Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Sleeping

I am always tired. All I want to do is sleep. I get home from work and all I want to do is nap. I usually do not stay up late. I wake up at 7:30, why am I so tired? If you know, please tell me.
Anyways, this weekend I was able to do plenty of what I love most.
But first, on Friday, Erin and I were superheroes. We catered a huge job!!!! I got to The Freeway at 8am and started setting up a beautiful continental breakfast. Erin arrived shortly after 9am and by that time the place was full of Lawson staff. We catered breakfast, lunch and drinks all day for 37 people. The lunch was custom, so we collected all their orders and go cracking right away. Once 11am hit, we were constantly running. All the counter space was filled up and by the time we were finished making all the sandwiches we were out of dishes and sink and bin space to put more dirty dishes. I had never wanted to wash dishes so badly. All in all, it went pretty smoothly. We had a few weirdos in the crowd like a girl who wanted ice for her tea and pouted at us when we told her we had no ice. Or the girl who said she didn't like this place because we didn't have a green bin. Yes... because we are responsible for city by-laws. Take it to city hall sister and pipe down while I get your dessert.... sheesh....
Anyways, 8-6... long day but Adrian visited me at around 4:30 ish and let me release some of my verbal stresses and he dealt with some knots in my shoulders... you are the best! Then as soon as Kristyn and Miranda showed up I was out of there as fast as I could be and on my way home.
Had fun with parents. We watched tonnes of movies including Fun with Dick and Jane which is quite hilarious.
Saturday, family went to cottage but I decided to stay at home and sleep and honestly that is all I had the strength to do. As soon as I would try to get up my muscles would ache and tell me to sit back down. It was all good though because BBC Canada had a What Not to Wear marathon and I watched 6hours of it. Yes!!!!!
Sunday, watched the missed episodes of Cornation Street. Poor Jamie, I can't believe that Danny and Leanne got caught cheating, that was so scandalous, oh my..... My parents and I made some fancy drink cocktails; Fuzzy Navels and read and slept in the backyard. Good sleepy times aided with cocktails.
Monday, my productive day; helped clean house, baked Adrian's birthday cake, yummy yummy!!!!!
But this weekend, I also found out that my dad's cancer is back. He had a surgery this week and we are hoping it is all gone but we shall wait and see. I am not worried until I need to be. But whatever happens, everyone needs to know that he is the best dad ever and he doesn't need to worry about me...

2 comments:

Krista Jefferson Photography said...

I love reading about families that enjoy being together. Sorry to hear about your dad's health - keep us posted!

Margie said...

I can't even tell you how happy I am to read that you are a Corny watcher! Pernell and I LOVE it! We try and catch it every Sun morning... we usually get about 3/4 of the shows a month.

Love it, Love it, LOVE IT!!!!!