Monday, December 04, 2006

Ode to Charlie

I have just switched my car, my pinky-purple Nissan 200SX which I have anthropomorphized by naming Charlie (a girl) and this blog is to pay tribute to the four and half wonderful years with her.
Charlie has accompanied me on some important milestones....
Moving out for this first time (but to my grandparents)
Moving out for real (to Hamilton)
2 trips to Ottawa; car packed
I long, glorious road trip to the East coast making stops in Quebec city, New Brunswick, Halifax, Bay of Fundy and lots of time in Cape Breton
late nights
first boyfriends
INDEPENDENCE!!!!!!!!!
Airport runs; picking up Manyang and friends with friends (car packed with luggage and 5 people!!!!)
Drive-in movies
Drive-throughs... not really... not a big fan

and some memories not so good; stuck on ice, stuck in snow, buried in ice and snow, blown out tires, dead starter, dead alternator (while driving), dead wiper (will driving in rain), dead battery, a few tows, a few roadside assists... but regardless, dear Charlie, I will miss you... I hope you find another owner who is just as excited about you as I was.... take care...

Now, I drive an 07 Toyota Yaris, it is orange, has three doors and I "had" to upgrade so it has some perks. I feel safer, although I am getting used to her clutch and the ABS. I have decided to name her Deborah and I am sure we will get along just fine and have many great adventures going to births in the middle of the night.

1 comment:

Jaci said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a standard - good call on that I miss mine!