Monday, November 06, 2006

I am at my witt's end

Hi all
I have not been able to post much lately due to computer issues.

For the better part of the month of October I have had to call in about my (brand new) Apple Macbook (on average of about three times per week). I have also had to drive it down to the Applestore for repairs twice and the problems have persisted (poor battery performace of about 1.5 hours when it should average at 3.5)
I also just found out that I could have taken it to Titles Bookstore at McMaster for repairs so I didn't need to drive to Sherway Gardens, but of course no one from Mac could have told me that even though my address stared them in the face.
I am in the works of getting a new one; I am fed up. I have to get it re-diagnosed and then I can be sent a new one. So far, owning a Mac has been one of the biggest consumer related inconveniences of my life.

Second, car.
Many of you know that I have had many car problems over the past three months; starter, wiper motor, tires..... All of which have been replaced
Well, Thursday night as I am driving down the 407 (thank God I was on the 407) during rush hour, in the dark, my car dies. First the lights fade, then the radio, then all the dials go down to 0. Then my speed starts to rapidly reduce and of course I am in the middle lane with someone in my blindspot. I manage to get over and I am towed home. I am crying with cars zipping past me at high speeds shaking the entire car. Thank God my dad had just increased my CAA coverage to "Plus" otherwise I would have had to pay for that lengthly tow except for the first 10 kilometers. (I was exactly half way between my parents and Hamilton... an hour either way).
With all that trouble, I have decided to lease a Yaris, but now I may have to wait for many weeks for any of my colour choices (I refuse to settle for a colour I don't want when I pay for a new car). So, I am not having a great day. I hate dealing with consumer issues so the compliation of all these issues have made me cry more times these past few days than would be considered appropriate. Grrrr.... to the world... grrrrrr to stuff.... I want to live in the forest and be a pagan in ancient times without computers and cars. Grrrrr......

3 comments:

Jaci said...

I grrrrrr with you in solidarity.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Rich said...

Living in woods sounds OK IF (and that's a huge underscore) you get to bring toilet paper.

I feel for you. Try to keep smiling though!

the lovely kaelyn said...

What the hell? Con-emails are permeating blogs now? I am perfectly happy with my OSAP