Monday, October 08, 2007

BIRTHS

I have been to three births! I felt more like a real midwife at each one; I feel less like a scared kid and more like a grown-up. I think this program is kicking my growing up into high gear because I have to feel grown up; I am responsible for two lives! But you know what? It feels right!
The births were great and I got some good feedback from the ladies re; labour support etc. I also got to practice some serious skills; catches, blood draws, inserting catheters, IV stuff (not starts yet but that's ok).
I feel relieved and excited again and I made it through this weekend without a single night's sleep; would sleep 3 hours, pager goes off at 3 am, get home during the day, nap for 2-3 hours and go to bed, pager goes off at 3 again. But, it's GRRRRRREAT!!!!!

2 comments:

Margie said...

YIPPPPPPPPIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!

miranda said...

amazing kaelyn!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear when people are pursuing their passion and loving each moment. You are going to do SO well and touch many lives because of it.

amazing!