Saturday, September 30, 2006

My last official day as Job Coach

My last day in my usual role at the cafe was yesterday.

I am now i recovery... planning to catch up on laundry and cleaning my room before setting up for UNGAMANA.

Yesterday presented itself with both challenges and joys...

Beginning of the day: Chris Turner and Justin (job coach). Chris gave me a hug goodbye.... sniff.... I said, won't I see you in church? To which he responded, "no, I am going to the fair..." So, I guess we will wait and see.
I also received an email later that day from Chris:

"Dear "Katelyn"

I miss you working at the FRWY. I miss you working. Have a good time at school. I miss you very much. Say Hi to me

Bye Bye
I miss you
Jamaal says Hi

From your friend Chris Turner.

I teared up reading it (I am grossly sentimental by the way)

The cash register apparently had a hard time giving me up too:

It read error a total of 5 times yesterday morning, embarrassing me in front of the customers as I tried to calm its sour spirits.

Lisa, my supervisor through Lawson, stopped by to say best wishes and dropped off a little something extra. Working for Lawson has some perks as for leaving, I got a coupon for a hot stone massage from Luba Mera Spa. YEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Adrian stopped by with flowers just in time for Randy and Pernell to tease him in person for it.

Random man needed to use phone and if I didn't help him call Bell Canada, he may have had a hissey fit, ah..... The shinanagans of The Freeway.

I also was visited by Carolynn

Good day. It was a pleasure doing this job but don't worry, I am still volunteering every other Friday night with the dark one.

1 comment:

Kev Chen said...

Kaelyn is the #1!!!!!!