Saturday, May 27, 2006

London






First day: Robbed!
I was already going into a stressful situation, enough said. First day, I get pick pocketed. The weather started out nice but as soon as we exited the Nottinghill Underground stop it started pissing from the sky. Trying to open my umbrella without stabbing anyone in the eye was my first challenge. Then I was in la la la land musing about Portabello road market. I wanted a coffee and then I realized my wallet was gone. It felt like all the blood rushed from my head down to my toes and out into the cobbles. Without speaking a word, tears began to fill my eyes and stream down my face. I didn't use my umbrella anymore. I wanted my heavy feeling body to be soaked by the cool rain. I wanted my face, tight with stress to be washed away. We walked and walked and walked to the police station following a bumbling moron of a copper. He was nice and all... asked me how many cards were stolen probably a total of 14 times. On the way my lovely sandals I had just bought in Cuba fell apart. My trip began to fall apart as symbolized by my shoes disintegrating before my very eyes. There I was barefooted, crying in the streets of London. I dug my toes into the cobbles, embracing the dirty rain puddles, wanting to feel every bit of this ugliness.
That sounds shitty eh? believe it or not, I had fun. Yes, I did need a whiskey or two to fall asleep most nights of the week but London is a great city and yes, I spoke with my heart to the beautiful old trees in the beautiful old parks and no my heaviness did not dissapate but I swam through my feelings of heaviness and embraced it and still had a good time. Here are just a few of the 580 pictures.

1 comment:

Kev Chen said...

KAELYN!!!!!!!! Where you been all my life? And why didn't you stop by my place when you were in London? You make me so mad.

Anyways, glad to see you're sullying the e-world with this blog. Keep it up!! You are mucho entertaining and a killer sandwich maker to boot. Later, sista.