Saturday, April 14, 2007

Ouch, my soul hurts

Right now, supposed to be studying but I am relaxing on this Saturday evening with my brothers and Bonnie (Brandon's girlfriend). We just watched Fast Food Nation and my soul is disturbed. I already am a vegetarian thank god but I really need to stop buying leather and be quite vigilante about other things like gelatin and cosmetics because I really want nothing to do with slaughterhouses. How have humans become so demoralized or is this just the way we are? We have always killed one another and killed animals but when have what we killed become dehumanized, reduced to objects and killed in a mechanized, sterilized way so that our own consciousness fails to be involved. This movie is meant to disturb and to "enlighten" the viewer on a variety of issues; eg: that other people whom were born into different circumstances are forced to work jobs that endanger their lives and health without any insurance. Why do we live like this? Why is this the easier, more advanced way? This quote is meant to be ironic but Jesus is rolling in his grave. All the goddesses of all spiritual paths moan and lament. We are so cruel to one another.

3 comments:

Carolynn said...

As a person who loves to eat meat and doesn't quite understand what is wrong with it - I would love to chat more about your choices and why. I don't think I could change but sure would love to know more. Maybe sometime!?!

the lovely kaelyn said...

Sure!

AGEMAN said...

Wow, I'll watch it, with a big greasy burger in one hand, and a cold beer in the other.....Mmmmmm, Good!